We will award scholarships to students who meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a full time, residential, non-correspondence student with a major in an allied healthcare field, including nursing and pre-med majors.
- Enrolled in a participating college, university or educational program at the time the scholarship is presented.
- Has completed a financial aid application, such as the Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application, through their financial aid office to determine financial need.
- Applicants may be eligible for additional scholarships which are awarded annually based on merit and financial need.
- Demonstrates and maintains a grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Uses the scholarship to pay for qualified educational expenses including: tuition and fees, course-related expenses, books, supplies and equipment.
- Meets the State of Arizona and the United States lawful presence requirements.
- Has three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Is not knowingly related to any MSMSF trustee, officer or donor.
- Reapplies annually for scholarship consideration. Students are eligible for up to four (4) years of financial support.
- The student must provide attestation of good standing, have no criminal record and provide a current academic transcript.
We will select recipients based on the following guidelines:
- The applicant’s demonstration of MSMSF’s core values of knowledge, leadership, integrity, creativity and commitment.
- Involvement in leadership, school and community activities.
- Integrity through demonstrated responsibility, work experience.
- Creativity by demonstrating their ability to be resourceful and innovative through their statement of goals and aspirations, overcoming obstacles, circumstances or challenges.
- Provide a clearly defined path to achieve their educational goals.
- Personal references.
The following is required of scholarship recipients:
- Notification submitted to the foundation of any changes in address, school enrollment or other relevant information and submit a complete transcript when requested
- Signed attestation indicating a willingness to use best efforts to work in the medical, nursing or allied health sciences field in the State of Arizona, for at least two (2) years following graduation
- Agree to engage in and report back to MSMSF on a volunteer community service project of their choice (100 hours per academic year)
- Provide a written activity report and verification the recipient has made a classroom presentation (1 per semester) to local junior or high school students promoting and supporting the recipient’s approved program of study
- Participation in MSMSF annual events and fundraising activities
- Participation in MSMSF mentoring activities
To support the students we select, we will be doing the following:
- Processing all scholarship distributions
- Payments will be made annually
- Mailing a check, payable directly to each recipient’s enrolled school, to the institution’s financial aid office
Interested in applying? The following links will help you download the necessary forms and instructions: